New York, NY
Starting ASAP -- Part- time for 12 weeks
Commensurate with experience
UniFi Scholars seeks an experienced Curriculum Developer who is passionate about financial literacy and college opportunity for low-income students to lead curriculum design for the UniFi Scholars core curriculum. The position will require collaborative work with the UniFi Scholars founders over three months (March-May) to build out lesson plans from a robust curriculum overview.
- Design and prepare effective and creative project-based lesson plans aligned with curricular and real-world goals.
- Develop assessments to track students' progress in, and proficiency with, hard and soft financial literacy skills.
- Work with UniFi program staff on instructional design and flow of talks, activities, and field trips to ensure maximum understanding and intake of material for students.
- Assist with development of 20 unique simulated financial profiles and corresponding ways to incentivize behavior.
- Develop template and rubric for 10-year student budget project.
- B.A. or B.S. in Economics, Business, Education or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Experience in instructional design, lesson planning, or teaching in an academically and culturally diverse community.
- Strong enthusiasm for the curriculum and program ethos.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with 16 to 19-year-old students.
- Prior experience teaching financial literacy or a related subject.
- Previous experience with the Financial Aid application process and/or student loan application and repayment.
- Prior work experience as a curriculum developer, teacher or related role.
Interested in applying?
Send a resume and a few words on why you are interested to email@example.com; subject: "Curriculum Developer."